Senior Associate, Business Strategy & Operations - LATAM
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
The Business Strategy & Operations Senior Associate will play a key role in driving regional business development strategy forward by evaluating strategic business opportunities, analyzing and tracking partnerships, and assisting in deal structuring and execution.
What You'll Do
- Develop regional business development strategy, including opportunity sizing and prioritization of resources (BD, product, operations, marketing)
- Evaluate partnership opportunities across several industries, performing a broad range of quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Routinely present results of financial modeling and analysis and act as a thought partner to various Business Development team leads across the LATAM region
What You'll Need
- A minimum of 4 years of experience as an analyst at a leading investment bank, private equity, consulting firm or tech company in an analytical role is expected - but we will consider candidates with less experience if they meet our other requirements
- Highly analytical with strong financial modeling and complex problem solving skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity collaborating with and presenting to senior executives
- Ability to work in cross functional teams (business development, legal, finance, accounting, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task and deal with time pressure in an unstructured environment; ability to work through uncertainty
- Undergraduate degree from a top school, with demonstrated strong academic performance
- SQL capability or willingness to learn is a plus
About the Team
You will work closely with the global business team, and report in a dotted line to the Head of Business Development for Latam
Back to top