Senior Associate, Business Strategy & Operations - LATAM
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
The Business Strategy & Operations Sr. Associate will play a key role in driving regional business development strategy forward by evaluating strategic business opportunities, analyzing and tracking partnerships, and assisting in deal structuring and execution. S/he will work closely with the global business team, specifically focused on LATAM.
What you'll do
- Develop regional business development strategy, including opportunity sizing and prioritization of resources (BD, product, operations, marketing)
- Evaluate partnership opportunities across several industries, performing a broad range of quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Routinely present results of financial modeling and analysis and act as a thought partner to various Business Development team leads across the LATAM region
What we're looking for
- 4-6 years as an analyst at a leading investment bank, private equity, consulting firm or tech company in an analytical role
- Highly analytical with strong financial modeling and complex problem solving skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity collaborating with and presenting to senior executives
- Ability to work in cross functional teams (business development, legal, finance, accounting, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task and deal with time pressure in an unstructured environment; ability to work through uncertainty
- Undergraduate degree from a top school, with demonstrated strong academic performance
- SQL capability or willingness to learn is a plus
- Employees receive Uber credits every month!
- Work in a fast-paced, exciting environment, where you get to have real impact on the business.
- You'll have the opportunity to contribute to the Business Development strategy for LatAm.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top