Senior Analytics Manager - Manila (Community Operations)
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the RoleWe're looking for an experienced Analytics Manager to lead and scale a team addressing some of the hardest data problems on one or more of our products.
You and your team will be partnering with Product and Engineering to advance actionable data insights and solutions from Uber's large datasets.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Set bold technical roadmaps & push a team to deliver work at their highest potential
- Inspire a team of managers and persistently work with them through their toughest challenges
- Identify the right priorities for Analytics; skillfully and efficiently allocate team resources across a wide range of needs and opportunities
- Personally work on complex data problems by proposing models/ approaches to solve core data questions.
- Understand and design technical solutions to business problems
- Learn and mentor others on the wide variety of data and tools that Uber Community Operations uses
- Take on lower-level projects when it will clear roadblocks
- Collaborate with different teams to understand and document the vast Uber data universe
- Create, improve, and automate reporting methods
- Actively develop new KPIs/metrics to identify trends in the APAC countries we operate
What You'll Need
- 6-8 years of work experience in data analytics or software development organizations
- BS/Masters in Math, Physics, CS, Statistics, Economics or other quantitative field
- Premier management skills - you can inspire, lead, and cultivate young analytical talent
- Self-starter attitude and ability to exercise judgment and solve difficult problems without direct supervision
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail; accuracy is crucial!
- A preference for quality over quantity - you get the math right and aspire to build the right solution; you like a team that holds each other to a high bar
- Substantial SQL experience strongly preferred
- Development experience in at least one scripting language a plus (Python preferred)
About the Team
Data and Analytics are at the core of everything we do at Uber. Insights help us position ourselves as subject matter experts and provide with more relevant updates and recommendations to all our partners in the business.
Back to top