Senior Accountant, Reporting & Compliance LATAM
Passionate about high-growth startups and have very strong accounting skills? Are you a proven team player, strategic thinker and executor? If you answered yes to the above questions let’s talk! This role will report to the Reporting & Compliance Director for LATAM and will help drive month end close and implement process change within the accounting team. In this challenging role you will have an impact on the way the accounting team is built, processes are implemented and the business expands globally.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Maintain a project plan and calendar for all compliance deadlines in conjunction with our global compliance partner to ensure adherence to all deadlines
- Develop and implement process improvements, document desktop procedures and processes to achieve efficiencies
- Ensures accurate and complete recording of statutory books and reconciliation on a monthly basis. Identifies key account differences and directs staff through reconciliation process
- Support reconciliation of US GAAP books and statutory books to according schedule
- Proactively pursue business issues that impact the general ledger and evaluate the situation for acceptable solutions. Propose resolution to management and other affected areas/departments
- Assist in communication with international entities and consolidations
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned
- Assist in preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements
- Assist in change requests for new countries that come on line or as needed or additional requests for the region
- Develop new ideas and processes to increase efficiency or to address service levels as needed
- Prepare journal entries, maintain and reconcile ledger accounts
- Perform financial statement analyses and document meaningful explanations for fluctuations to assist management with business decisions
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years professional experience, with 2+ years relevant month-end close experience
- Team player, have ability to work independently and willingness to take on challenges
- Ability to interact with all departments and levels throughout our organization
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
- Experience with Oracle R12 or another large scale ERP is preferred
- CPA preferred
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, healthcare, gym reimbursement and equity (shares options)
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top