Passionate about high-growth startups and have very strong accounting skills? Are you a proven team player, strategic thinker and executor? If you answered yes to the above questions let’s talk!
This role will report to the Accounting Manager and help drive month end close and implement process change within the accounting team. In this challenging role you will have an impact on the way the accounting team is built, processes are implemented and the business expands globally.
- Perform financial statement analyses and document meaningful explanations for fluctuations to assist management with business decisions
- Prepare journal entries, maintain and reconcile ledger accounts
- Develop and implement process improvements, document desktop procedures and processes to achieve efficiencies
- Proactively pursue business issues that impact the general ledger and evaluate the situation for acceptable solutions. Propose resolution to management and other affected areas/departments
- Assist in communication with international entities and consolidations
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
- Spearhead accurate and timely reporting during the month-end close process
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned
- Assist in preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years professional experience, with 2+ years relevant month-end close experience
- Team player, have ability to work independently and willingness to take on challenges
- Ability to interact with all departments and levels throughout our organization
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
- Experience with Oracle R12 or another large scale ERP is preferred
- CPA preferred
- Employees are given Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top