Self-Driving Test Operations Specialist
At ATG, we are visionary, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. With locations in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Phoenix and Toronto, the Advanced Technologies Group is comprised of Uber's self-driving engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. Our teams are passionate about developing long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere.
Our work doesn't end with transporting people. We are also developing self-driving truck technology to move goods more safely and cost effectively around the world.
Do you love developing and testing vehicles in the real world? Are you an independent problem solver with a high level of technical curiosity? Are you willing to put in lots of energy to help bring new technologies from prototype to production? UATG is hiring Road and Track Test Specialists who have a keen attention to detail and willingness to dive in and help Uber create the best self-driving cars operating around the world.
We are looking for Test Specialists who are eager to travel for long stints in the US and abroad while being based in our Pittsburgh, PA location.
- Bachelor's degree or extensive relevant work experience
- Ability to think critically, and with a test-oriented mindset
- Willing to learning new software applications and processes
- Ability to sit in a car for 6-8 hrs a day, 5 days a week
- Open to working either morning, mid, or night shifts
- Able to operate independently with little or no supervision
- Willing to travel for long stints at a time
- Proficient in communicating with vehicle technicians, test engineers, and leadership
- Interested in working with modern automotive systems
- Skilled at pinpointing, documenting and calling out relevant issues
- Bachelor of Science in a technical field, or engineering background
- Experience running specialized tests
- Experience using Linux
- Experience with Python, C/C++
What you'll do
- Conduct testing on a closed course at the direction of a Test Engineer or Manager to verify new technology before it goes to the public roads.
- Operate Self-Driving Ubers on public roads and act as an ambassador to the Uber brand while bringing self-driving technology to the world.
- Isolate, document, and track issues systematically while providing feedback to developers throughout Uber.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new procedures and tests
- Complete tests with guidance from a test engineer or senior test specialist
- Operate self-driving Ubers on a closed course and public roads
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, ten paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top