Self-Driving Test Operations Engineer
At ATG, we are visionary, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. With locations in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Phoenix and Toronto, the Advanced Technologies Group is comprised of Uber's self-driving engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. Our teams are passionate about developing long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere.
Our work doesn't end with transporting people. We are also developing self-driving truck technology to move goods more safely and cost effectively around the world.
Do you enjoy developing and testing vehicles in the real world? Are you an independent problem solver with a high level of technical curiosity? Are you willing to put in lots of energy to help bring new technologies from prototype to production? UATG is hiring vehicle test engineers who have a keen attention to detail and willingness to dive in and help us create the best AVs operating around the world.
We are looking for AV Test Engineers who are eager to travel for long stints in the US and abroad or those who can be located in major metropolitan areas in the United States after a training period in Pittsburgh, PA.
What you'll need
- Background in vehicle (aero, hydro, ground) testing and development engineering is required
- Eagerness to travel around the world for long stints is ideal.
- Positions are also available in most major metropolitan areas in the US.
- Ability to develop analysis tools and automated reporting systems
- Knowledgeable of modern automotive electronics and diagnostic procedures
- Prior experience programming in C/C++/python
- Skilled in isolating, documenting, and tracking issues systematically
- Highly proficient in communicating with vehicle technicians, software engineers, and executives
- 2+ years relevant work experience or equivalent graduate work
- Permanent US work authorization is required.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, ten paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top