Self-Driving Automotive Technician
At ATG, we are visionary, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. With locations in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Phoenix and Toronto, the Advanced Technologies Group is comprised of Uber's self-driving engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. Our teams are passionate about developing long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere.
Our work doesn't end with transporting people. We are also developing self-driving truck technology to move goods more safely and cost effectively around the world.
Do you enjoy technology? Are you an independent problem solver with a high level of technical curiosity? Are you willing to put in lots of good ideas to help bring new technologies from prototype to production? UATC is hiring highly skilled automotive craftsmen who have great attention to detail, are experts solving problems, have a deep passion for cars, and will maintain a calm professional attitude under all situations. Travel to various locations will be required.
UATG is seeking both Entry Level and Senior Level Automotive Technicians:
Entry Level Automotive Technician
- 1 to 5 years experience working with automobiles or similar
- Highly energetic (required)
- Willing to work in a fast pace environment
- Willing to learn (required)
Nice to haves:
- High Voltage
Senior Level Automotive Technician
- Highly skilled in diagnosing Automotive electronic and mechanical systems
- OEM Master Technician
- 15+ years Automotive experience
- Knowledgeable of modern automotive electronics and diagnostic procedures is preferred
- Capable of working independently to quickly overcome challenges without supervision
- Skilled in isolating, documenting, and tracking issues systematically
- Proficient in communicating with other technicians, software engineers, and executives
- True love of cars is preferred
Nice to haves:
- High Voltage
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, ten paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top