Security Vendor Management
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
As a Security Vendor Management – India, you will be responsible for the security of Uber's people, properties, and assets throughout the India region. You will work cross functionally with local, regional and HQ leadership to execute on globally focused projects, and own the development and execution of all security processes and programs in region.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Act as first POC for security vendor management for all locations and staff in India, Srilanka and Bangladesh.
- Under the guidance of Regional Security Manager – India, coordinate performance and service delivery of all Physical Security vendors within region.
- Educate vendors on Uber culture, SLAs, KPIs and Customer Service Expectations
- Implement best practice across multiple locations, countries and business sectors with emphasis on standardization and scalability in a highly disruptive market
- Run quarterly business reviews with all vendors and manage them to defined KPI and SLA
- Conduct monthly operations meeting with all vendors to identify areas of success/opportunities
- Maintain strong relationships and effective communication across all regional business operations
- Through effective program management, integrate our security personnel into the day to day operations of our city teams
- Build a vendor performance metrics database that quantifies service deliverables, quality, performance and risk
- Other security and vendor management related duties as directed by the Regional Security Manager
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years' experience in an operations leadership role or vendor management role.
- Previous security experience a plus but not essential
- Previous experience managing service delivery, vendor management and evidence of using data and feedback to make strategic decisions is a must.
- Recent hands-on experience managing vendors in a multi-site environment
- Creative 'can do' attitude towards problem solving
- Attention to detail in both written and oral communication
- Ability to manage security challenges in a constantly changing fast paced environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Able to scale with the business and thrive in a rapid growth environment
- Experience managing contract security services
- Capable of fostering a culture of Trust, Honesty and Integrity
- Travel required as needed to get things done
- A passion for Uber!!
Back to top