Security Lead, Mexico
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use every day. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
What You'll Do
- Oversee security operations for all locations and staff in MEXICO with specific focus on Uber's Green Lights and Offices
- Under the guidance of Regional Security Manager – LATAM and the Head of Security LATAM, coordinate response and incident management to address threats towards company staff, assets & operations
- Educate key stakeholders on security principles and implementation
- Implement the Physical Security strategy in MEXICO in alignment with the business goals.
- Implement processes and metrics – use data to make decisions
- Maintain strong relationships and effective communication across all MEXICO business operations
- Implement security awareness and education programs and materials as determined by LATAM Security leadership
What You'll Need
- At least 4 years of experience in a security operational role.
- Full fluency in English and Spanish is required.
- Recent hands-on experience throughout MEXICO is mandatory
- Military or law enforcement background is a big plus.
- Creative attitude towards problem solving
- Attention to detail in both written and oral communication
- Ability to manage security challenges in a constantly changing fast-paced environment
- Able to scale with the business
- Experience managing contract security services
- A well-established professional network of security contacts within the country
- Capable of fostering a culture of Trust, Honesty and Integrity
- Travel required as needed to get things done
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top