Security Lead - Brazil
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
As a Security Lead - Brazil, you will be responsible for the security of Uber's people, properties, and assets throughout Brazil. You will work cross functionally with local, Brazil Regional teams and leadership to execute on globally focused projects, and own the development and execution of all security processes and programs in country.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Oversee security operations for all locations and staff in Brazil with specific focus on Uber's Offices
- Under the guidance of Regional Security Manager – LATAM and the Head of Security LATAM, coordinate response and incident management to address threats towards company staff, assets & operations
- Educate key stakeholders on security principles and implementation
- Implement the Physical Security strategy in Brazil in alignment with the business goals.
- Implement processes and metrics – use data to make decisions
- Maintain strong relationships and effective communication across all Brazil business operations
- Implement security awareness and education programs and materials as determined by LATAM Security leadership
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Solid experience in a security operational role.
- Recent hands-on experience throughout Brazil is mandatory
- Military or law enforcement background is a big plus.
- Creative 'can do' attitude towards problem solving
- Attention to detail in both written and oral communication
- Ability to manage security challenges in a constantly changing fast paced environment
- Able to scale with the business and thrive in a rapid growth environment
- Experience managing contract security services
- A well established professional network of security contacts within the country
- Capable of fostering a culture of Trust, Honesty and Integrity
- Travel required as needed to get things done
- A passion for Uber!!
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top