Security Engineer Internship/Co-op
Uber Security has a high performance culture marked by high energy and hyperproductivity. We’re looking for fantastic interns/co-ops who can make tangible contributions to the company’s growth. Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. As a result, we are faced with new situations many companies have never encountered. Security is a top priority for Uber. The team is constantly innovating and developing new ways to make Uber a safe & secure platform in every city.
As an security engineer intern, you will be tasked with maintaining the integrity of Uber’s data and systems. This may involve working to attribute fraudulent losses to external bad actors, building systems to automate security-related workflows, or hardening our systems against known abuse vectors as a few examples. This will require expert knowledge of at least one scripting language, preferably a working or better knowledge of SQL, and the ability to quickly learn other languages as needed.
Internship/co-ops are full-time (40hrs/week or more) work and a minimum of 12 weeks in length in our San Francisco offices. Applicants MUST be returning to at least one quarter of school upon completion of the internship at Uber.
HERE ARE THE SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Fast Learner. Master multiple information streams and technical disciplines. You’ll fuse disparate sources of data to produce cogent and concise reports that will be used to detect, deter, and act on various types of abuse at the company
- Communications. Produce well-written, accurate, concise, and objective written reports. Deliver impactful presentations to ensure the team is an authoritative voice within the security organization.
- Academic Focus. Pursuing a technical graduate degree in a security related field.
- High interpersonal skill. Interface with security counterparts, build strong rapport and constantly improve your support. Fearlessly support and defend your findings.
- Team Player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others’ candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Fearlessness. You think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point. You strive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time.
- Hustle. Tenaciously pursue threats to the business. Find efficiencies in research techniques and tools; develop new capabilities and processes for scalable solutions.
- Competitive hourly pay.
- Catered meals and unlimited snacks.
- Monthly housing stipend, reimbursement for cell phone bill and credits for Uber rides.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top