We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
Uber Technology Services Team is seeking a talented and energetic Systems Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of the Salesforce development platform, API integrations, and general web application development. The Systems Engineer will work alongside multiple business units to create custom solutions to automate the most complex of processes in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be a people-person who have a very strong passion in building highly scalable, effective, user-experience driven solutions.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Need
- BA/BS degree in a computer discipline, or equivalent applicable experience.
- 5+ years of experience Salesforce development experience using Apex and Visualforce
- 2+ years of experience another programming language, preferably Java, Go, Python, Node, or C# (Full stack experience is a huge plus)
- Experience building integrations with Salesforce and 3rd-party applications
- Proficiency with development tools, including Eclipse IDE, Git, Sublime, etc...
- SFDC Certification desired (ADM201 and Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II)
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent written & verbal communications skills.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skill
- Highly motivated self-starter, able to think critically about problems and independently scope and drive software projects to resolution
- Strong business acumen to understand business requirements quickly and design with security and scalability in mind.
- Experience working on multiple projects, ability to QA your own work, and follow best practices
- You pride yourself in writing clean code, test thoroughly, strong documentation, and high test coverage
- A strong background in the Salesforce development platform, Apex programming language, and Visualforce (experience with Lightning will be a strong plus)
- In-depth knowledge of Salesforce SOAP API, REST API, and BULK API
- Experience with integrating 3rd-party APIs with the Salesforce platform
- Thorough understanding of the constraints of Salesforce platform, particularly with regards to governor limits and best practices in delivering business requirements in the context of those constraints.
- Understanding of Salesforce test framework, test-driven development (TDD), and iterative development
- Familiar with Salesforce Administration: configuration, standard data model, security, and automations such as validation rules, workflows, and process flows.
- Proficient with at least a one other common language, preferably Go, Java, Python, or Node
- Solid fundamentals in software engineering and concepts such as design patterns, testing, build systems and automation in the continuous delivery space
Back to top