Sales Manager, UberEATS - Bangalore
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About The Role
UberEATS is seeking a sales leader to lead our representatives in Bangalore - someone who does this with both short and long-term market goals in mind, ensuring the right people and processes are in place to get there. You'll work closely with general managers, sales operations, and marketing to support processes that scale and innovate UberEverything sales from the ground up.
Sales managers are the tip for the spear and head the city sales team to oversee a number of reps within our key markets, focusing on the following core responsibilities:
People management: Manage and cultivate highly successful and engaged reps who drive results. Monitor, evaluate, and develop the performance of individuals on your teams.
Best-in-class sales: Drive your reps towards short and long-term market goals for Bangalore, ensuring the right people and processes are in place to get there.
Restaurant partnerships: Own and drive key restaurant partnerships in your city
Local / regional collaboration: Facilitate focused and productive communication and collaboration among your reps and between your reps/cross-functional partners. Collaborate closely with sales operations and city operations to identify, develop, and drive adoption of best practices for long-term growth across your city and others.
What you'll do
Manage a successful sales team responsible for exceeding sales KPIs by:
- Observing sales behaviour to identify strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities for improvement
- Balance corrective with positive feedback to ensure guidance and performance improvement
- Validate that your reps have working pipeline to meet business targets
Be a thought partner to the General Manager of Bangalore and Head of Sales, India, regards to sales, restaurant partnerships, and local diner acquisition.
Collaborate closely with sales operations to analyze results and identify opportunities to improve systems, processes, and programs.
What you'll need
- 3-5 years of experience in B2B companies with a track record of steadily increasing responsibility in sales or customer growth
- Proven people manager and team builder with references
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Bachelor's degree. Masters degree is a plus but not required
- Passion for the on-demand delivery space, and food delivery in particular
- Startup (all-hands-on-deck) approach
- Solid understanding of a variety of business models
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top