Sales Development Representative, Uber for Business - UK
Uber is looking for a talented, energetic and driven individual to join our Uber for Business sales team as a Sales Development Representative. This high impact position will provide lead development support to the UK sales organization through the development of qualified leads that result in closed-won business.
You will be responsible for processing inbound sales inquiries and conducting outbound prospecting campaigns (both call and email) in order to identify opportunities that meet the minimum qualification criteria for Sales. The Sales Development Representative will build rapport with contacts through phone calls and emails in an effort to understand where the prospect is in the buying cycle. This position will work closely with the Uber for Business account executives to insure that the leads provided to sales are qualified correctly, and progressing through the sales funnel. This involves gathering key information to update Salesforce system and assigning next steps for sales or marketing nurture paths. The individual will be required to work with a very high throughput of leads and data flow.
Successful candidates will possess a hunter mentality, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a strong desire to contribute to Uber’s growth.
- Generating new business opportunities to fuel the pipeline in assigned vertical or territory and support assigned Account Executives
- Outbound prospecting via cold calling, email, and marketing campaigns
- Uncovering prospect’s business challenges and identify relevant new business opportunities – highlighting the Uber for Business value proposition
- Researching and building new and existing accounts
- Conducting high level conversations with senior executives at targeted accounts
- Meeting or exceeding monthly quotas of qualified prospects and scheduled meetings
- Managing, tracking, and reporting on all sales activities and results using Salesforce.com
- Developing an in-depth understanding of Uber, industry trends, and competition
- Hit assigned Key Performance Metrics (KPIs): not limited to but including 80-100 outbound calls per day and at least 5 qualified meetings per week scheduled.
- Work closely with sales management to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging to drive opportunities for new business
- Collaborate with sales team to share best practices and make recommendations to more effectively close sales and ensure customer loyalty.
- Work effectively with internal departments to deliver the best solution for the client and ensure an excellent experience.
- Travel to attend tradeshows or other client meetings when requested or necessary.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- 2+ years of relevant sales experience
- Previous high volume cold-calling experience preferred, ideally in enterprise sales environment
- Fluency in English required
- Experience with email campaigns and salesforce.com preferred
- Must be positive, self-motivated individual with a desire to learn
- Excellent written skills and highly articulate
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Deliver extraordinary customer relationships
- Professional, determined, and results oriented
- Positive attitude, team oriented, and a self-starter
- Ability to accurately determine lead qualifications based upon established criteria
- Ability to learn key software applications
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top