Risk and Threat Analyst Internship/Co-op
Uber Security has a high performance culture marked by high energy and hyperproductivity. We’re looking for fantastic interns/co-ops who can make tangible contributions to the company’s growth. Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. As a result, we are faced with new situations many companies have never encountered. Security is a top priority for Uber. The team is constantly innovating and developing new ways to make Uber a safe & secure platform in every city.
As a risk and threat analysis intern you’ll have a direct role in dealing with real-world security response, rapid analysis and contextualization, and in-depth research supporting business goals. The ideal candidate will act as a partner who can work closely with teams across the security organization and the wider business to understand information requirements, deliver timely analysis, and present key insights to internal customers. The internship will afford candidates with opportunities to learn about multiple teams throughout the security org and challenging project work across analytical disciplines – protection, geopolitical and strategic.
Internship/co-ops are full-time (40hrs/week or more) work and a minimum of 12 weeks in length in our San Francisco offices. Applicants MUST be returning to at least one quarter of school upon completion of the internship at Uber.
HERE ARE THE SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Fast Learner. Master multiple information streams and technical disciplines. You’ll fuse open source research, social media monitoring, technical tools, internal data, and geopolitical events to develop original assessments driving physical security mitigation measures and supporting cross-business insights.
- Communications. Produce well-written, accurate, concise, and objective written reports. Deliver impactful presentations to ensure the team is an authoritative voice within the security organization.
- Academic Focus. Pursuing a degree in international relations, security studies, political science, areas studies, or a related field.
- High interpersonal skill. Interface with security counterparts, build strong rapport and constantly improve your support. Work with geographically dispersed team and stakeholder base; fearlessly support and defend your findings.
- Team Player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others’ candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Fearlessness. You think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point. You strive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time.
- Hustle. Tenaciously pursue threats to the business. Research and analyze complex information from a variety of sources, often under time constraints, and beat deadlines. Find efficiencies in research techniques and tools; develop new capabilities and processes for scalable solutions. Actively monitor potential threats and possible disruptions to the business with an unblinking eye.
- Previous research experience (qualitative or quantitative)
- Intestigative curiosity
- Experience with or interest in social media applications to surface timely information in the event of a crisis or disaster
- Competitive hourly pay.
- Catered meals and unlimited snacks.
- Monthly housing stipend, reimbursement for cell phone bill and credits for Uber rides.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top