Uber is at the forefront of one of the most exciting marketplace challenges as the world rapidly evolves from desktop to on-demand mobile commerce. Our ability to effectively manage risk in this environment is key to our ongoing success and allows the company to make bold bets while maintaining a delightful and painless user experience. It’s our job to think about this so that our riders and drivers don’t have to.
We are looking for talented data analysts to join our team. This is a great opportunity to join a fast growing business and fast growing team. We are pioneering new techniques everyday to detect and counter bad actors all over the world who are constantly adapting and discovering new ways to abuse our platform. You will be working alongside best in industry data scientists and engineers, to solve very challenging risk problems.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Analyze rich user and transaction data to drive business decisions to contribute to machine learning models, rules, and other detection systems
- Develop strategy and data-driven rules to effectively mitigate risk
- Design optimal risk actions that strike a balance between growth and risk controls
- Work with operation team in various regions and cities to define risk policy and processes
- Work cross functionally on managing risk associated with new products, marketplaces, and payment methods
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
- A master’s degree or equivalent in quantitative fields, statistics, math, computer science, operation research, engineering or related disciplines
- Relevant intern or work experience as a data analyst in a high tech company is a plus
- Strong interest or previous experience in working in risk and fraud domain
- Knowledge in programming using basic modeling techniques, decision trees, logistics regressions, familiar with data and analytics tools such as SAS, Perl, R, or Python etc
- Experience in handling large scale unstructured data using Hadoop. Expertise in SQL, as well as ability to do more advanced data programming using Hive, Pig, Spark, etc
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking skills with a bias toward action and a get things done attitude
- Ability to make sound judgement calls independently when presented with difficult decisions, especially when only partial information is available
- Ability to take initiative in a fast-moving environment
- Team player mindset that takes ownership for a collective outcome and helps others along the way
- Deeply passionate about the user experience and able to make product recommendations that delight the user while taking into account the needs of the business
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- True passion for Uber’s mission and the company’s hybrid technology/operational nature.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top