Rides Head of FP&A
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the RoleIn this role, you will be leading our newly formed Global Rides FP&A team, partnering across the Global Ridesharing organization between Operations, Marketing, and Product. With unique visibility into the global business, you will be able to reach insights others might not be able to make. In addition to driving and supporting our global financial planning, forecasting, reporting, and analysis efforts, you'll have the opportunity to turn these insights into initiatives, running with them and helping drive strategic decisions. So if you're ready to go deep, working on a rewarding set of challenges and if you've got the finance skills, experience, and passion - read on and get in touch!
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Global optimization - lead initiatives that optimize our Global Ridesharing P&L
- Think strategically and then drive impact - in this role you will have the unique perspective to connect the strategic themes across the globe and execute projects that drive improvement in the business
- Business partnerships - work closely with company leaders to develop financial forecasts, operational goals, and the right operating cadence to make it all happen
- Global planning – coordinate global planning, ensure consistency across all regions, partner with Corporate Finance and data science to improve our processes
- Global Marketing - lead a team that supports the Mega-Regional Heads of Marketing that helps optimize our Acquisition and Brand marketing spend
- Help us scale / transition from startup to enterprise - this includes running the Global Rides operating cadence, setting regional targets/metrics, and developing the tools to make it feel seamless
- Work closely with accounting to provide input on management reporting needs and better understand our actuals
- Develop the team - support the development of Rides Finance team norms, mission, career paths, and goals
- Innovate - we will push the boundaries beyond traditional forecasting and planning
- Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skill sets
What You'll Need
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or similar
- Minimum of 10 years in Banking and/or Corporate finance /operational FP&A at either a high-growth company or a large, well-established organization
- Exceptional analytical skills - Best practices are second-nature, your models are efficient, scalable, and intuitive
- Excellent communication and people skills - numbers are key, but a business is built with people
- Self-starter - You will take initiative, be dedicated, set and drive toward goals
- Systems - working knowledge of enterprise-level financial planning systems
- Attention to detail - consistent with swift execution
Bonus Points If
- MBA, CFA or CPA
- Experience setting up and/or leading extraordinary FP&A process at global scale
- SQL skills - the ability to self-serve and direct analytical work
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP
About The TeamManaging and forecasting a hyper-growth business is hard. Forecasting for one of the fastest growing startups ever, expanding across the globe, while driving optimization for evolving business models - that's a challenge that doesn't come around often. Doing all this alongside a team that is as driven, creative, hands-on, smart, passionate and fun-loving as you are - that's Strategic Finance at Uber. The Rides Strategic Finance team works with the leadership of the Global Rides business as a key partner in strategy setting, budgeting, optimization and performance tracking to accomplish our financial and operational goals
Back to top