Rider Partnerships Manager (SSA) - Johannesburg
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
To do this, Uber's focused on bringing unique experiences through growing our line of partnerships across multiple verticals in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA). And we need the right type of business-savvy partner manager to help make this a reality. We're building a small and nimble global team that will be motivated by both innovation and strategy, and at our core it's always about building these key relationships.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Read between the lines. You'll be working with various teams, supporting them to create and drive contracts to closure, and then support these key strategic relationships to provide maximum value for both Uber and its partners.
- Handle the big picture, and the tiny details. You're organized and always on top of your deadlines to ensure nothing gets missed. You also have an eye to the big picture and flourish by creating new ways to add to existing partnerships. You'll be making those not so obvious connections that drive innovative products and initiatives to grow our business.
- Bring your analytical A-game. You'll be building business models, performing analysis to understand trends, provide actionable insights, and track productivity and success of initiatives to ensure we're driving toward the best possible outcome.
- Drive initiatives. You will drive and support key initiatives across our business teams to grow strategic and long term opportunities with our various partners. This involves wearing many hats and jumping in to help your teammates when the needs arise.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Min. of 5 years experience in banking, consulting, business development, ideally.
- Instinct for handling partners. You have a consistent track record of supporting business managers in partner & project management; research & analysis as well as marketing. You have a sixth sense when it comes to partnerships and can effortlessly navigate multiple partner engagements simultaneously.
- High throughput. Your strong bias towards action helped you earned the reputation of someone who gets things done. You love having a lot on your plate and get energy from being busy.
- An intuition for people. You're spending the majority of the time working with various internal and external teams, building and really cultivating new relationships with potential and existing partners and within all parts of an organization.
- The athlete's mentality. You're an all around player, flexing and stretching your analytical prowess, pitching in as needed but also knowing when to take control and lead a conversation be it with an engineer, a product manager, or a C-level executive.
- Quick is your middle name. This team moves fast and always operating in new spaces. You pick up things fast and run with them. If you need a ton of hand holding, this isn't the job for you
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Employees are given Uber trips every month.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top