Why Uber? Because you want to join a company that’s massively growing and support a cutting edge, high tech, online, data driven, mobile enabled business. Uber’s accounting team is responsible for financial and month and year end closing, reporting and compliance, as well as statutory tax and audit, and all related policies and procedures.
As a Staff Accountant, you’ll report to the Accounting Manager, and will be responsible for creating processes that can work without you. The lines aren’t drawn yet – you get to be involved in defining the boundaries: process implementation, roll out of policies and procedures. We’re not looking for bean counters, we’re looking for someone capable of so much more – we need thinkers, doers and builders.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Prepare journal entries, maintain and reconcile general ledger accounts
- Perform financial statement analysis and document meaningful explanations for fluctuations to assist management with business decisions
- Assist the Oracle and Engineering organizations with data validation and system testing as we automate and scale upstream processes including the design and implementation of a new ERP system
- Develop and implement process improvements, document desktop procedures and processes to achieve efficiencies
- Proactively pursue business issues that impact the general ledger and evaluate the situation for acceptable solutions. Propose resolution to management and other affected areas/departments
- Assist in communication with international entities and consolidations
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
- Spearhead accurate and timely reporting during the month-end close process
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned
- Assist in preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3+ years professional experience; public accounting background at a Big 4 a plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, with the ability to manipulate and digest large amounts of data required.
- Experience with Oracle preferred.
- Knowledge of and basic ability to read and write SQL a plus.
- Excellent time and self-management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Exceptional ability to think outside of the box and not settle for the status quo.
- Employees are given Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, cell phone reimbursement.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top