Retail Sales Specialist (Contractor) - Chicago
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
ABOUT THE JOB
Uber is one of the fastest-growing companies in history. With operations in more than 500 cities and more than two billion rides provided, Uber is an essential service for hundreds of millions of people. We are building a national team to help explain the benefits of driving for Uber to potential Uber partners (aka Uber drivers). Working in this role at Uber is an ideal way to jumpstart your career. You will work alongside top-notch peers, gain important real-world skills that translate across many careers and industries, and build a strong foundation for future professional success.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Explain the benefits of driving for Uber to potential partners (Uber drivers) through in-person conversations at our Mall Kiosks and follow-up phone calls. This is a sales role where you are selling the most important "product" of all: a job. Your work will directly result in people earning more money so they can build better lives for themselves and their families
- During these conversations, dispel myths and address uncertainties about driving for Uber
- Join weekly calls with Uber's central driver growth team to help perfect processes as they expand this initiative to new cities
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Able to connect with people from all different backgrounds; not just a charismatic talker, but, more importantly, a great listener and question-asker
- High energy and excited to sell something you believe in to others
- Persistent and gritty; able to hear "no" many times a day but keep pushing for "yes"
- Competitive, results oriented approach; thrives when tasked with delivering to a specific goal
- Hungry for feedback; eager to grow, improve and perfect processes
- Hard worker; willing to go the extra mile to do a job right
- Excellent problem-solver with potential to expand into management/coaching/mentoring role
- Entry level sales role
- Responsible for signing up + onboarding new driver partners, providing exceptional support for existing drivers, and staying up-to-date with Uber policies / process
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top