Retail Operations Manager - São Paulo
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Uber has found a strong product-market fit with its world-changing service, but we're still inventing our business every day. We're seeking site managers to help build a global network of in-person driver-partner support centers.
Uber's driver-partners are our most important customers and we're building a best in class customer service experience for them. Our support centers help new partners get on the road for the first time, build engagement with the platform over time, and provide a home base for the driver community.
The Retail Operations Manager leads the day to day operations of a in person driver-partner support locations (Greenlight locations). In this role, you will work to provide the best possible customer experience for new and existing Uber Partners and UberEATS couriers. You'll manage your team to resolve support issues efficiently and comprehensively; but your team will go far beyond solving issues. They will identify root causes, escalate pervasive problems, and systematically help make Uber better as a whole.
Most importantly, your staff will take pride in being the face of Uber to our driver partners, and will treat every support interaction as an opportunity to build a better connection between Uber and the driver community.
You will work closely with the city General Manager and Senior Operations Managers to make sure your center is meeting their market's needs in terms of supply growth, onboarding, driver engagement, and any other local events or needs.
- A passionate problem solver and people manager. You'll be overseeing supervisors who will be the face of Uber for our driver-partners.
- A self starter. You're ready for the autonomy that comes with building a new team within Uber.
- Analytical. You can make sense of complex data sets to inform product or process decisions.
- A utility player. You're willing to find resolutions to customer issues early, late, and often.
- Poised. Cool and calm under pressure, you follow through on tasks and look for opportunities to step up to new challenges.
- Process driven. You have superior organizational skills, and constantly look to rejig things to make them more efficient.
- Naturally curious. You love learning how things work and you're always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different support strategies and tracking the results.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited crew of users; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- Owning the success metrics for customer SLAs and facility operational and financial performance
- Driving performance improvements through process development and innovation
- Hiring, training, and managing supervisors
- Collecting and reporting on performance data
- Ensuring that the center space is well supplied and maintained
- Representing the global Uber brand with best-in-class service and customer experience
- Actively contributing to support projects
- Must have have a Bachelor's degree with 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Retail or Service team management experience strongly preferred (e.g., in call center operations management, in-person service team management)
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in English and Portuguese
- Literate in SQL and Excel or another data management tool preferred, but not required
- Previous experience with customer support or experience with Zendesk is a nice bonus, but not required
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top