Retail Operations Manager - Colombia (based in Bogota)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber has found a strong product-market fit with its world-changing service, but we're still inventing our business every day. We're seeking site managers to help build a global network of in-person driver-partner Retail Locations across all Colombia.
Uber's driver-partners are our most important customers and we're building a best in class customer service experience for them. Retail Locations (RLs) help new partners get on the road for the first time, build engagement with the platform over time, and provide a home base for the driver community.
In this role, you will work to provide the best possible customer experience for new and existing Uber Partners. You'll manage your team to resolve support issues efficiently and comprehensively; but your team will go far beyond solving issues. They will identify root causes, escalate pervasive problems, and systematically help make Uber better as a whole.
Most importantly, your staff will take pride in being the face of Uber to our Partners, and will treat every support interaction as an opportunity to build a better connection between Uber and the driver community.
You will work closely with the city General Manager and Senior Operations Managers to make sure your Centers are meeting their market's needs in terms of supply growth, onboarding, driver engagement, and any other local events or needs.
A passionate problem solver and people manager. You'll be overseeing Retail Operations Coordinators who will be the face of Uber for our driver-partners.
- A passionate problem solver and people manager. You'll be overseeing RO coordinators who will be the face of Uber for our driver-partners.
- A self starter. You're ready for the autonomy that comes with building a new team within Uber.
- Analytical. You can make sense of complex data sets to inform product or process decisions.
- A utility player. You're willing to find resolutions to customer issues early, late, and often.
- Poised. Cool and calm under pressure, you follow through on tasks and look for opportunities to step up to new challenges.
- Process driven. You have superior organizational skills, and constantly look to rejig things to make them more efficient.
- Naturally curious. You love learning how things work and you're always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different support strategies and tracking the results.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited crew of users; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- Owning the success metrics for customer SLAs and facility operational and financial performance
- Driving performance improvements through process development and innovation
- Hiring, training, and managing coordinators
- Collecting and reporting on performance data
- Ensuring that the Retail location space is well supplied and maintained
- Representing the global Uber brand with best-in-class service and customer experience
- Actively contributing to support projects
- Must have have a Bachelor's degree with 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Retail or Service team management experience strongly preferred (e.g., in call center operations management, in-person service team management)
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Literate in SQL and Excel or another data management tool preferred, but not required
- Previous experience with customer support or experience with Zendesk is a nice bonus, but not required
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Gym reimbursement, paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top