Retail Market Sales Lead - Chicago
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to help lead the fastest growing sales team at Uber. This is a ground floor opportunity to gain leadership skills and be a major player in growing Uber's driver base across your assigned city. You will be responsible for managing a team of 10-15 Uber Specialist (sales representatives), who will be explaining the Uber job opportunity to shoppers at a mall kiosk and signing up new drivers onto our platform. You will be expected to work independently outside of the office, coach sales techniques and best practices to your team, help your team meet their sales goals, and keep morale consistently high.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Manage a team of 10-15 Uber Specialist sales representatives at a mall kiosk
- Continually provide coaching, training and feedback to your team members
- Ensure that all of your team members hit their sign up and first trip goals each week
- Lead follow up call workshops and help with training sessions
- Manage all day to day functions of the kiosk, including stocking collateral, managing
- schedules, and monitoring all rules and regulations of your individual site
- Coordinate closely with the corporate team to ensure the success of your individual site
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- You have 1-2+ years of previous sales experience
- You are a natural leader - you have previous leadership experience and are comfortable coaching and guiding a team to success
- You are a self-starter - you are highly motivated and learn quickly and independently
- You are an excellent problem solver - you feel comfortable identifying and providing comprehensive solutions for varying partner needs
- You are passionate about Uber and have a deep understanding of the Uber opportunity
- You are an excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- You are competitive and thrive in fast-paced environments
- Full time hours (40+ hours/week), including weekends and nights
- At an Uber kiosk in one of our mall locations across your designated area
ROLE / RESPONSIBILITY
- Serves as primary point of contact for their kiosk and acts as operational oversight
- Handles escalated support issues and only person on site with Tools access
- Mentor / Coach / Trains specialists at their location on sales techniques
- Conduct 1:1s with specialists for their location and assist with training and / or quality assurance, as needed
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top