Retail Market Lead - Chicago
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
Uber is the fastest growing company in history, but we're still growing and reinventing our business every single day. Uber's driver-partners are our most important customers, so we're constantly developing new ways to share the Uber opportunity to a broader audience. We are seeking a Market Lead to help develop a global network of in-person, retail-style, driver growth locations. This is an incredible opportunity to become a key player of Uber's newest, evolving growth efforts, developing and testing strategies to grow and support new and existing customers. In this role, you will lead a team of Offline Specialists that sell the Uber driver-partner opportunity -- creating an economic opportunity for drivers, and making transportation more reliable and accessible for riders.
We're seeking an individual who is passionate about what they do and is ready to roll up their sleeves to grow their city. It's your job as a Market Lead, to be on the frontlines -- high foot traffic retail areas -- introducing the Uber Opportunity. You'll assist in leading the Offline Driver-Partner Growth program across your region and seek solutions for results that create a high-performing work environment to promote the Uber driver-partner opportunity. If you're a natural leader, committed to the success of your team, and can support a sales team while making it look easy, keep reading.
What you'll do:
- Effectively manage and lead your team to successfully hit monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals
- Train and guide team members and Site Leads to generate top performance from teams
- Monitor multiple operational objectives
- Demonstrate successful leadership ability focusing on consistency, execution, process, and best practices
- Wear multiple hats -- act as area manager, sales strategy and training lead and more
- Use insights and data-driven decision making to inform the sales process
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1-2+ years of relevant sales management experience highly preferred
- Ability to analyze and interpret key metrics and conduct data analysis
- A high-reaching edge to thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Interest in problem solving, adapting, and growing quickly as we build the sales organization
- Deeply enthusiastic and upbeat demeanor, with strong organizational and multitasking skills to prioritize and handle time effectively
- Self-motivated, startup hustle, engaging personality, and passion for Uber's mission
- Shown competence to drive amazing customer experiences — and results — through team development
- Very strong oral and verbal communication skills
- Experience building respected teams and developing talent to support business growth
- Natural leadership, committed to the success of your team
- Willingness to adapt flexible schedule, with work hours based on business needs
- Access to your own reliable transportation
Where and when
- Full time hours (40+ hours/week), including weekends and nights
- At Uber's offices and onsite Uber kiosk locations at malls across your designated area
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top