Restaurant Sales Representative (Contractor), UberEATS - DC
The Restaurant Sales Representative role is a unique opportunity to help grow one of Uber’s newest services: UberEATS, which is in the process of expanding in a big way. The role involves managing important aspects of both the customer and restaurant relationship management lifecycle from closing new restaurant partners and building long-term relationships with loyal restauranteurs. The role demands a unique combination of sales prowess, rapport building chops, marketing know-how and creativity. This is an intense startup-within-a-much-larger-startup role, and this person will work across multiple disciplines to provide critical support on key sales and marketing initiatives that allow us to scale.
Working with Uber is a great opportunity to work with a top-notch Operations team and deep dive into Uber’s day-to-day-operations. This is a short term contract role, but you’ll have a critical position in helping launch a brand new product as Uber continues to transform the local cityscape.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Sales / Restaurant Sourcing: Leverage prospecting skills and relationships to get the city’s best restaurants interested in UberEATS. You’ll spend a good portion of each day reaching out to restaurants over the phone and via email, being the face of our brand to restaurants.
- Negotiation and Deal Making: Lead contract negotiations aimed at establishing the foundation of a strong working relationship with our restaurant partners, including sustainable economics for both parties.
- Process Scaling: Uber is a company that moves fast and does things at large scale. Help design processes, whether it be prospecting, onboarding, account management, etc. in such a way that they fuel, rather than act as a bottleneck, on growth.
- Photography & Design: Oversee and coordinate day-to-day operations of our EATS photography team. Ensure all photography – from menu images to ambiance and social media shots – aligns with Uber’s brand principles and UberEATS’ marketing objectives. Assist with making final edits on image assets and designing print collateral.
- Collecting and Acting on Feedback. Create processes and account management tools to stay in close communication with restaurant partners and incorporate feedback into process improvements on the ground.
- Hustle: Take ownership of UberEATS growth in DC, do whatever it takes to get the job done, delight users and restaurant partners – we take NPS seriously!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW / HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year university with sales or account management experience
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment and adopt a generalist mindset
- Data-driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Experience creating and optimizing processes
- A customer service orientation and experience developing strong partnerships
- Startup (all-hands-on-deck) “I bust my ass because I love it” approach
- Passion for the on-demand delivery space, and food delivery in particular
- This is a part-time contract position, with potential for extension.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top