Restaurant Operations Manager, UberEATS - EMEA
Uber is a venture-funded startup headquartered in San Francisco. We are a global mobility and logistics technology platform: our flagship service allows users to request quality, on-demand rides with a touch of their smartphone and we are rapidly developing new products.
Our newest product, UberEATS, gives you the food you want delivered on demand. We work with thousands of restaurants and courier-partners globally to change the face of food delivery.
We are looking for a Central Restaurant Operations Manager to lead our restaurants operations. Main responsibilities will include building and managing restaurant engagement and retention practices, by providing precious insights and tools to increase their sales and marketplace experience through the UberEATS platform.
This person will be working on analytics driven, multi-stakeholder management projects including restaurant communications, account management intelligence, onboarding processes and restaurant support optimisation on a regional level. The role involves working closely with City Leaders, Product, Legal, HQ/Regional CRM, Operational Excellence, and Community Operations teams to improve and roll out regional initiatives related to Restaurant Operations.
What you'll do
- Big ideas: We are looking for people that can think outside of the box and swim upstream.
- Engage: Your job is to improve restaurant performance and sales implementing best practices and inventing new processes across the region.
- Build and rollout tools/analytics platform to best engage restaurants, empower account managers to coach restaurant performance and build trust.
- Drive cost efficiency: build process and tools to scale restaurant operations in a true efficient fashion; Work closely with Community Operations on the most cost-efficient structure for restaurant support.
- Strategy: Decide which projects restaurant operations vertical should focus on and set tight timelines to reach goals.
- Product: Work with EMEA Product Ops to actively search for new features which could improve existing supply KPIs across the region by presenting data driven cases for changes.
- Cost-Benefit Analysis: Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of restaurant programs and work with management to execute those strategies.
- Hustle: This is a highly hands on, operational team with a regional scope. Take ownership of UberEats' success in the region.
What you'll need
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Consistent track record of being a respected operational problem solver.
- SQL / HTML knowledge is a requirement.
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking and experimentation
- Excellent prioritization skills and ability to juggle many responsibilities at once, adept at weighing importance of quick wins vs. long-term progress
- Demonstrated experience interpreting and presenting data to various audiences; ability to translate quantitative findings into action plans
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- Willingness to travel across EMEA when required.
- Fluent in English.
- To be permanently based to Amsterdam.
- Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team: shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to build a startup within a startup. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun and relaxed office environment
- We have access to an amazing list of advisors and investors that we actively engage
- Monthly gym reimbursement
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience
- Equity compensation plan
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top