Response Policy Manager, Trust and Safety
When moving millions of people a day, safety incidents will inevitably happen. Our responsibility is to do everything we can to prevent those incidents from occurring, and to support our users in the best way possible when they do happen.
The Uber Trust and Safety team is constantly innovating processes, policies, and tools to improve our users’ safety. As a Policy Manager, you’ll help define our internal user standards and policies and work with global teams to implement.
This role gives you the rare opportunity to impact a product that is used by everyone around you, and that is reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Develop a data-driven and user-focused set of policies that helps driver safety on the platform
- Analyze large datasets to identify insights and integrate learnings, while taking into account regional and local nuances
- Develop key relationships with internal and external Subject Matter Experts; effectively integrate learnings into decisions
- Collaborate with our Global CommOps and Incident Response Team to promote the deployment of improvement initiatives and adoption to change
- Develop appropriate metrics, tools and methods to ensure adherence to our internal standards
- Communicate to cross-functional partners proactively and present to people at all levels of the organization
- Provide thought leadership to the broader Safety and CommOps org
- 5-8 years plus of experience in developing internal user policies in a large company
- Criminal Law or Law Enforcement background a major plus
- MBA or Master’s degree a plus (Criminal Justice, Psychology or similar)
- Excellent analytical skills; Experience working with large datasets
- Experience working cross-functionally, influencing company-wide decisions, and leading change management modules
- Experience in project management, setting team metrics, and contributing to roadmap development in a collaborative environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Passion for problem solving
- Self motivated
- Passion for improving Uber user experience with a focus on safety
- Experience working in global customer support a plus
- Operations or Process Improvement experience a plus
- SQL experience a plus
- Employees are given Uber credits every month! (Along with reduced pricing overall.)
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- We keep you well fed and hydrated through your day with full kitchens, catered lunches and dinners, ice cream in the freezers, and surprising things on tap such as iced coffee and kombucha.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, cell phone reimbursement.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs. (Anthem options and Kaiser in California.)
- Pre-tax commuter benefits accounts (parking/transit).
- Paternity and maternity Leave; 1 week paid jury duty.
- Catered lunches, dinners, and full kitchen for breakfast.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it. Nine paid company holidays.
We’re making transportation as reliable as running water for everyone, everywhere. We need your brains and passion to make that vision a reality!
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top