Research & Insights Lead, Vietnam
Uber is changing how the world thinks about transportation. What started as an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas is now changing the logistical fabric of cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
Country Research and Insights Lead - Vietnam
We are looking to add enthusiastic members to our growing APACx Research & Insights team. The R&I team generates insights that push our business forward and bring customer obsession to the forefront of everything we do. The roles will help our Country Marketing and Ops Teams in growing existing and launching new cities in their respective geographies. They will also be critical members of the extended APACx Research and Insights team, with regular sharing of efforts with the Regional Team in Singapore
The person will play a critical role in developing holistic research plans and executing projects covering all facets of research: qualitative, quantitative, and advanced analytic capabilities. Areas of focus include partner drivers, riders, other consumers, and overall stakeholders. The insights and actions will help the Marketing team build powerful Uber experiences, in both digital and offline environments.
You will use multi-disciplinary approaches and technologies to map Uber audiences' behaviour and preferences, understand how they engage with our digital and offline touchpoints, and supply Uber teams with research and insights to accelerate innovation and growth. You will have an opportunity to think differently about how research is done and shape how the research industry operates in a technology-inspired environment.
What you'll do
- Establish market research and insights as a core and valuable function at Uber in country geographies and beyond
- Be the voice of our customers and Uber's audiences, helping Uber understand product usage, brand health and reputation, as well as media impact and effectiveness across our key products
- Be a data-driven influencer of Uber's regional strategy, advocating new directions in product, brand and communications to maximize our marketing's impact and ROI
- Invent the approach and process for consumer research, from methodology to vendor partnership selection and management
- Build and execute qualitative and quantitative research plans blending internal analytics as appropriate to create holistic audience insights for Uber products in all stages of the Product Life Cycle
- Lead the synthesis and actionable integration of research conclusions into our media optimisation, integrated campaign creation, and driver/rider engagement and retention programs
- Foster collaboration across regional and local project groups in a fast-moving virtual team environment to deliver high-quality fieldwork
- Work collaboratively with HQ and APACx research and strategy teams to maximize use of results
Who you are
- You have spent at least 7 years thriving on consumer passion and user intimacy - understanding why audiences act and feel the way they do, and where brands and technology can help them
- You are a master of marketing research techniques and are able to lead the execution of studies including briefing, planning, designing, analyzing, and sharing findings.
- You flex muscles on both sides of your brain - creative and analytical to not just do research, but be an idea creator
- You have a high degree of cross-cultural awareness pertaining to Asia-Pacific markets, consumers and media landscapes
- You have mastered the art and science of market research, insight development, media effectiveness, and data-driven brand and communications strategy recommendations, with a bias towards digital
- You are a natural storyteller, and communicator and excel at transforming findings into actionable recommendations that drive and support strategic decision making and creative marketing campaigns (digital, social, offline ATL, BTL) to move the business forward
- You build relationships well across geographic boundaries and know how to get things done, collaborating with stakeholder that you may only interact with through video and other tech.
- You are agile and nimble, willing and able to take on different work, learning quickly, and delivering.
- You have a high tolerance for ambiguity and work well in cross-functional, dotted-line environments
- You are keen to roll sleeves up and be hands-on while building a team
- You are a fluent English speaker, and additional regional languages are a plus
- You are willing to travel 50% of the time
- Employees are given Uber credits every month!
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top