Research and Customer Insights Lead - ANZ
Head of Research & Customer Insight, ANZ
Uber is changing the way the world moves. Within 5 years, Uber has become one of the fastest growing and most successful start-ups in history. We're not just about moving people - we're also about creating a marketplace to bring people what they want, when they want it, and this is leading to ground-breaking expansion and innovation. However whilst we've achieved a huge amount already, the growth opportunity ahead is still infinitely greater and we have the mandate & resources to rapidly accelerate growth to seize this.
The cornerstone of Uber's success is its passionate obsession of its customers. The product was built from a passion to improve a customer experience, and since then Uber has delivered magical experiences and opportunities to millions of riders, drivers and eaters across Australia and New Zealand. As we expand into new categories and audiences, our customer obsession will be more important than ever, and this role will be the custodian of their voices.
As lead for research and customer insights in ANZ, you will create the structure, processes and tools for unearthing the voice of all customers and integrating this into Uber's marketing strategy and planning rhythms. Uber has incredibly interesting audience sets, with one brand delivering transport needs, food delivery and creating job opportunities to often unique and sometimes overlapping segments. You will be equally focused on deeply understanding the millions of existing customers as well as the millions of people yet to try Uber.
This role serves as a critical link between marketing and the broader business, helping to provide insights that can shape our roadmap and marketing direction, as well as helping to ensure that everyone knows who are customers are from the rider, driver and eater side (as well as future category innovations!). The ability to synthesize and communicate insights to the team is paramount.
If you're a great leader, researcher and communicator comfortable in a high-velocity startup, and unafraid to push limits, we'd like to talk with you.
Who you are
- Vision: You have a blank canvas to define the structures & resources required to put the customer's' voice at the centre of Uber
- Natural-born Leader: you will be leading cross-function groups to deliver complex and powerful projects.
- Analytical Guru: Data analytics are core to Uber. You will need to use this as a foundation for strategic prioritisation, and marry data with deeper understand of customer perception and behaviour
- Humble & scrappy: not afraid to take on any challenge when it will clear roadblocks to achieve objectives
- Connector: collaborate with multiple teams and stakeholders to create the smartest processes for Uber
What you'll do
- Build framework, processes and roadmap for insights in ANZ, elevating customer to lead strategy and planning throughout the business
- Lead the design and execution of all concept testing, brand tracking, audience profiling and segmentation research.
- Build and execute qualitative and quantitative research plans blending internal analytics as appropriate to create holistic audience insights for Uber products in all stages of the Product Life Cycle
- Lead the single voice of the customer internally by connecting insights with broader business projects and initiatives
- Establish resourcing requirements to create exclusive customer insights capability, include team structure and agency partnerships
- Lead customer insight deep-dive projects in line with business needs and priorities.
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business decisions and share with key stakeholders.
What you'll need:
- 8-12 years experience in customer research roles
- Demonstrated track record of taking customer / market research and working with marketing teams to implement.
- Strong experience in survey design, and building structural processes to implement these into business rhythms
- A clear passion for identifying customer needs and insights.
- An understanding of prediction and persuasion models.
- Ability to clearly, concisely, and persuasively communicate research findings.
- The ambition to explore and define research opportunities throughout the company.
Be super pumped! You are ready and excited to learn on your feet, bring a fresh perspective to the team, and help build a growing business.
- Travel like a diplomat: employees are showered with Uber & UberEATS credits!
- Make a difference: we're not just another social web app: we're moving real people/assets and changing transportation for the future
- Work with smart, driven co-workers in a fun office environment
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top