Research & Analytics Lead, Latin America
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it. For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the role:
As lead for Research and Analytics in LATAM, you will create the structure, processes and tools for unearthing the voice of all customers and integrating this into Uber's marketing strategy and planning rhythms. Uber has incredibly interesting audience sets, with one brand delivering transport needs, food delivery and creating job opportunities to often unique and sometimes overlapping segments. You will be equally focused on deeply understanding the millions of existing customers as well as the millions of people yet to try Uber.
This role serves as a critical link between marketing and the broader business, helping to provide insights that can shape our roadmap and marketing direction, as well as helping to ensure that everyone knows who our customers are from the rider, driver and eater side (as well as future category innovations!). The ability to marry and synthesize qualitative/quantitative research with data analytics and social listening insights is paramount.
If you're a great leader, researcher, analyst and communicator comfortable in a high-velocity startup, and unafraid to push limits, we'd like to talk with you.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the TeamWho you are
- Vision: You have a blank canvas to define the structures and resources required to put the customer's' voice at the centre of Uber
- Natural-born Leader: you will be leading cross-function groups to deliver complex and powerful projects
- Analytical Expert: Data analytics are core to Uber. You will need to use this as a foundation for strategic prioritisation, and marry data with deeper understanding of customer perception and behaviour
- Humble & scrappy: not afraid to take on any challenge when it will clear roadblocks to achieve objectives
- Connector: collaborate with multiple teams and stakeholders to create the smartest processes for Uber
What you'll do
- Mine data and analytics to gain a better understanding of customer behaviors, including impacts of current marketing strategies
- Build framework, processes and roadmap for research and analytics in all of Latin America
- Lead the design and execution of all concept testing, brand tracking, audience profiling and segmentation research
- Build and execute qualitative and quantitative research plans blending internal analytics as appropriate to create holistic audience insights
- Own the single voice of the customer internally by connecting insights with broader business projects and initiatives
- Establish resourcing requirements to create best-in-class customer insights capability, including team structure and agency partnerships
- Lead customer insight deep-dive projects in line with business needs and priorities.
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business decisions and share with key stakeholders
- Lead end-to-end qualitative, quantitative and data analytics market research initiatives
- Uncover customer insights and market trends that guide Uber's integrated marketing strategy
- Adapt and innovate research practices to meet team needs under the tight timeframes of a rapidly growing company
What you'll need:
- A minimum of 8-10 years in a research role
- Strong track record of taking customer / market research and working with marketing teams to implement
- Strong experience in data mining, and the ability to transform model and dashboard information into business strategies
- Strong experience in survey design, and building structural processes to implement these into business rhythms
- A clear passion for identifying customer needs / behaviours and insights
- The drive to explore and define research opportunities throughout the company
- An understanding of prediction and persuasion models
- Ability to clearly, concisely, and persuasively communicate research findings
- Experience using SQL and proficiency with multiple analytic and database tools common within a marketing organization
Back to top