Regulatory Counsel, Southern Europe
Uber is a game-changing company that allows users to request quality, on-demand mobility with the touch of a button on their smartphone. We are in 460+ cities worldwide and 40+ countries across Europe, Middle East and Africa (“EMEA”) and 5 countries in Southern Europe (Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece and Israel).
We are looking for an ambitious Counsel to cover our Southern European legal operations based in Uber’s Paris office while working in close collaboration with colleagues from across the EMEA Legal department. You will be part of the France and Southern Europe legal team and, as such, you will be expected to occasionally travel in the region and to our international HQ in Amsterdam.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Be a true business partner by providing proactive and cutting-edge legal advice on a variety of areas and matters for the company to stay ahead of the curve and efficiently manage (legal) risk.
- Lead on legal work in regulatory matters and dispute management, including drafting, attending hearings and generally advising the business on how to best handle potentially contentious situations.
- Be an active partner to the business on commercial contracts such as technology agreements, promotional agreements, sponsorships, partnerships as well as general procurement and marketing and advertising initiatives.
- Understand, interpret and apply current regulations as applicable to Uber’s business models in France.
- Effectively and efficiently manage outside counsels to achieve regulatory and policy objectives.
- Work hard but have fun doing it!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 5+ years of legal experience on Southern Europe countries, ideally at an international law firm; in-house experience helpful but not required
- Fluent in written and spoken English and in at least one other latin language (e.g. Spanish, Portuguese, Italian)
- Entrepreneurial spirit or experience strongly preferred
- Excellent business judgment, communication, interpersonal skills, and a crisp writing style
- Able to think on your feet and make quick decisions in high impact/high profile situations
- Strong interest in expanding scope of your practice to other areas of law
- 3+1 personal qualities: fierce, creative and engaged + humble!
- Free Uber credits!
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
- Health care package to fit your needs
- Work in the most interesting and challenging legal department and company of modern times!
- We’re not just another social web app: we help real people and assets move around our cities.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top