Regulatory Counsel, Brazil
Uber is a game-changing company that allows users to request quality, on-demand car service with a touch of their smartphone. We are in over 400 + cities worldwide, including many cities in Brazil, with plans for rapid growth in the short term. We are currently searching for a Regulatory Counsel with specific expertise in regulatory and legal matters to join the Uber Legal Team in Brazil as we continue to scale our business globally. These are early days. Come join us, and help us build a new fabric for urban logistics that is redefining the way people experience and get around a city. You will report to the Brazil Legal Director and be based in São Paulo.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work closely with Brazil Legal Director and the legal team on regulatory, policy and other legal issues impacting Uber in Brazil.
- Analyze, negotiate and draft regulations as applicable to Uber in the different cities in the region.
- Provide strategic and proactive legal advice to internal business groups on regulatory matters.
- Be an active partner to internal business groups on rolling out Uber’s business in Brazil.
- Ensure legal risk is managed in accordance with Uber business model and regulatory framework.
WHAT YOU ARE
- 5 to 10 years working in house corporate legal department or recognized law firm.
- Fluent in Portuguese and English.
- Experience with regulatory matters.
- Strong academic credentials and law degree from a top law school.
- Possess excellent business judgment, communication, drafting and interpersonal skills.
- Substantive knowledge and expertise in corporate matters.
- Capable of running projects independently.
- Interested in expanding the scope of your practice to other areas of law.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment for a company with operations around the world.
- Enthusiastic about Uber!
- Travel like a diplomat: employees are showered with Uber credits
- We’re not just another social web app: we’re moving real assets and real people around their cities
- *NOTE: Please submit resumes in English**
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top