Regional Quality Manager
At Uber, providing world-class customer support to riders and driver partners is a core feature of our product experience. Delivering this caliber of support isn’t easy – it takes leaders who can understand Uber’s operations, adapt to our constantly changing business, and help solve problems where no solution currently exists. We’re looking for an all-star leader to take ownership of ensuring that when any of Uber’s customers in the US and Canada experiences Uber support, they leave delighted by the experience.
As the Regional Quality Manager for the US and Canada, you will be a critical member of the US Community Operations team, leading the vision, implementation, and continuous improvement of quality assurance activities for US and Canada. You will be responsible for ensuring that quality improvement feedback is consistently available to team managers so that Uber as a whole is moving toward an enjoyable and effortless customer experience. This role will report to the US Community Operations Agent Success Leader. The right person is ready to make tough, data driven decisions in a high-stakes, high-speed environment. They are passionate about Uber, customer obsessed, and ready to tackle big problems head on.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build and lead the team who will run the US and Canada quality assurance program for Uber’s customer support
- Raise the bar of Uber support – synthesize in-depth QA data to share insights on the challenges in the support experience with other leaders at Uber
- You will be the point of contact for QA among our BPOs in India and Manila, working on monitoring, calibration and auditing
- Gather key insights from the QA process to recommend quality improvements and make key business and product decisions
- Be bold and entrepreneurial – the speed of our growth means the support playbook you may have just written may need to be rewritten in short order
- Know the numbers – drive the metrics and data analysis at the regional level to identify the root causes of customers dissatisfaction and set regional priorities that action the main levers to improve support quality
- Represent the customer’s voice – be a critical thought partner to operations and product leaders in developing a best in class experience to the customer
- Lead with optimism – have an enthusiastic attitude and a passion for making magic for the Uber Community. You view every support interaction as a chance to impact our riders and driver partners in a positive way
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- Proven business leader with 7+ years of experience in customer support strategy or quality assurance and at least 3 years of people manager experience
- Experienced team leader with a track record for attracting and developing strong talent, and building high performing teams
- An entrepreneur; act like an owner and make decisions as such
- Self motivated with a strong affinity for problem solving, always challenging the status quo and never settling for how something ‘has always been done’
- Demonstrated success in using data to make customer-obsessed decisions and drive behavior change in support organizations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills across multiple functions/teams
- Obsessed with Uber and moving people in all senses of the word
- Prior professional experience with process optimization, program management, customer support strategy, or quality assurance
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, ten paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top