Regional Product Operations Specialist | INDIA
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the role:
BRINGING TOGETHER FRONT-LINE OPERATIONS AND CUTTING-EDGE TECHNOLOGIES
What makes Uber unique is our fusion of front-line operations with cutting-edge technologies. Regional Product Ops is fundamentally about empowering our operations and business teams with the tools and products they need to succeed in our 500+ cities.
The Regional Product Ops for India will be responsible for driving strategic product initiatives within the region, and acting as the chief product advisor to regional leadership. They will work closely with their counterparts in HQ and Product leadership to highlight top challenges and opportunities from the region, and ensure that the region's product needs are prioritised.
Day-to-day, the Regional Product Ops will also serve as a product advisor to operations, strategy, finance, marketing, and other business teams to help our front-line teams fully leverage the products at their disposal.
Ultimately, the Regional Product Ops will take ownership of the product experience in India and lead initiatives to elevate it. A role requiring strong business acumen coupled with acute product sense, the work of the Regional Product Ops contributes significantly to the success of the India business.
What you'll do:
Take ownership of the product experience and strategy in India
- Work across regional leadership, operations teams and other business teams to continuously identify the top challenges and opportunities where product can contribute
- Investigate and research insights and opportunities to present to product teams, working with Regional Ops, S&P, Design Research, Analytics & Insights, etc. where necessary
Coordinate product solutions to solve important challenges
- Work with multiple HQ product teams to design, build and rollout product solutions to the region's top challenges; review design briefs, product specs, and participate in product discussions to ensure all parties are on-track
- Provide guidance to HQ and operations teams on products being rolled out for market selection and local nuances; spot potential pitfalls before they happen and highlight opportunities to maximize the impact of rollouts with marketing and comms
- Project-manage complex and high-priority rollouts by coordinating with Regional Ops, city operations, and functional teams
- Monitor performance and present results to operations stakeholders; actively escalate any feedback or issues related to rollout back to HQ
Act as the chief product advisor to regional leadership, and as a thought partner & product advisor to business teams
- Ensure stakeholders ranging from regional leadership to general ops are aware of timelines and efforts on Product
- Identify operations and other business initiatives where Product intervention could exponentially add value and work with stakeholders to support those initiatives
- Build strong communities within operations and supporting functions to scale Product knowledge and understanding
- Create self-serve resources to help the region answer their own questions or help them find the best direct contact in HQ. If you're triaging all the phabs from the region, you aren't scaling yourself
Continue to learn
- Seek advice from more-tenured Product Ops, feedback from PMs and regional leadership to continuously elevate your business acumen and product sense. The Regional Product Ops role is challenging but many stakeholders will be invested in your development and success.
What you'll need:
- Track record of strong performance -- do you have a reputation among your peers and managers for delivering consistently strong results?
- Communication skills -- from A-team to Ops Co's, can you communicate often-complex information succinctly and effectively to stakeholders?
- Problem solving skills -- can you identify insights or opportunities, investigate and develop coherent problem statements and recommendations to act on?
- Product sense -- do you understand how to translate operational insights and opportunities into tech-based solutions?
- Judgement -- can you gather and synthesize information to make timely and informed decisions?
- Willingness to learn -- Regional Product Ops is a fast-paced role. You'll be presented with complex challenges and be expected to learn quickly to solve them. Can you adapt and lean in to add value quickly?
- Self-management -- The Regional Product Ops team is dispersed across multiple cities; you'll be expected to identify high-priority initiatives to work on and continuously drive impact in a self-driven manner.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top