Regional Product Operations Specialist | INDIA
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the role:
BRINGING TOGETHER FRONT-LINE OPERATIONS AND CUTTING-EDGE TECHNOLOGIES
What makes Uber unique is our fusion of front-line operations with cutting-edge technologies. Regional Product Ops is fundamentally about empowering our operations and business teams with the tools and products they need to succeed in our 500+ cities.
The Regional Product Ops for India will be responsible for driving strategic product initiatives within the region, and acting as the chief product advisor to regional leadership. They will work closely with their counterparts in HQ and Product leadership to highlight top challenges and opportunities from the region, and ensure that the region's product needs are prioritised.
Day-to-day, the Regional Product Ops will also serve as a product advisor to operations, strategy, finance, marketing, and other business teams to help our front-line teams fully leverage the products at their disposal.
Ultimately, the Regional Product Ops will take ownership of the product experience in India and lead initiatives to elevate it. A role requiring strong business acumen coupled with acute product sense, the work of the Regional Product Ops contributes significantly to the success of the India business.
What you'll do:
Take ownership of the product experience and strategy in India
- Work across regional leadership, operations teams and other business teams to continuously identify the top challenges and opportunities where product can contribute
- Investigate and research insights and opportunities to present to product teams, working with Regional Ops, S&P, Design Research, Analytics & Insights, etc. where necessary
Coordinate product solutions to solve important challenges
- Work with multiple HQ product teams to design, build and rollout product solutions to the region's top challenges; review design briefs, product specs, and participate in product discussions to ensure all parties are on-track
- Provide guidance to HQ and operations teams on products being rolled out for market selection and local nuances; spot potential pitfalls before they happen and highlight opportunities to maximize the impact of rollouts with marketing and comms
- Project-manage complex and high-priority rollouts by coordinating with Regional Ops, city operations, and functional teams
- Monitor performance and present results to operations stakeholders; actively escalate any feedback or issues related to rollout back to HQ
Act as the chief product advisor to regional leadership, and as a thought partner & product advisor to business teams
- Ensure stakeholders ranging from regional leadership to general ops are aware of timelines and efforts on Product
- Identify operations and other business initiatives where Product intervention could exponentially add value and work with stakeholders to support those initiatives
- Build strong communities within operations and supporting functions to scale Product knowledge and understanding
- Create self-serve resources to help the region answer their own questions or help them find the best direct contact in HQ. If you're triaging all the phabs from the region, you aren't scaling yourself
Continue to learn
- Seek advice from more-tenured Product Ops, feedback from PMs and regional leadership to continuously elevate your business acumen and product sense. The Regional Product Ops role is challenging but many stakeholders will be invested in your development and success.
What you'll need:
- Track record of strong performance -- do you have a reputation among your peers and managers for delivering consistently strong results?
- Communication skills -- from A-team to Ops Co's, can you communicate often-complex information succinctly and effectively to stakeholders?
- Problem solving skills -- can you identify insights or opportunities, investigate and develop coherent problem statements and recommendations to act on?
- Product sense -- do you understand how to translate operational insights and opportunities into tech-based solutions?
- Judgement -- can you gather and synthesize information to make timely and informed decisions?
- Willingness to learn -- Regional Product Ops is a fast-paced role. You'll be presented with complex challenges and be expected to learn quickly to solve them. Can you adapt and lean in to add value quickly?
- Self-management -- The Regional Product Ops team is dispersed across multiple cities; you'll be expected to identify high-priority initiatives to work on and continuously drive impact in a self-driven manner.
- Employees are given free & discounted Uber rides every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top