Regional Product Operations Specialist | EMEA
BRINGING TOGETHER FRONT-LINE OPERATIONS AND CUTTING-EDGE TECHNOLOGIES
What makes Uber unique is our fusion of front-line operations with cutting-edge technologies. Regional Product Ops is fundamentally about empowering our operations and business teams with the tools and products they need to succeed in our 500+ cities.
The Regional Product Ops for EMEA will be responsible for driving strategic product initiatives within the region, and acting as the chief product advisor to regional leadership. They will work closely with their counterparts in HQ and Product leadership to highlight top challenges and opportunities from the region, and ensure that the region's product needs are prioritised.
Day-to-day, the Regional Product Ops will also serve as a product advisor to operations, strategy, finance, marketing, and other business teams to help our front-line teams fully leverage the products at their disposal.
Ultimately, the Regional Product Ops will take ownership of the product experience in EMEA and lead initiatives to elevate it. A role requiring strong business acumen coupled with acute product sense, the work of the Regional Product Ops contributes significantly to the success of the EMEA business.
Take ownership of the product experience and strategy in EMEA
- Work across regional leadership, operations teams and other business teams to continuously identify the top challenges and opportunities where product can contribute
- Investigate and research insights and opportunities to present to product teams, working with Regional Ops, S&P, Design Research, Analytics & Insights, etc. where necessary
Coordinate product solutions to solve important challenges
- Work with multiple HQ product teams to design, build and rollout product solutions to the region's top challenges; review design briefs, product specs, and participate in product discussions to ensure all parties are on-track
- Provide guidance to HQ and operations teams on products being rolled out for market selection and local nuances; spot potential pitfalls before they happen and highlight opportunities to maximize the impact of rollouts with marketing and comms
- Project-manage complex and high-priority rollouts by coordinating with Regional Ops, city operations, and functional teams
- Monitor performance and present results to operations stakeholders; actively escalate any feedback or issues related to rollout back to HQ
Act as the chief product advisor to regional leadership, and as a thought partner & product advisor to business teams
- Ensure stakeholders ranging from regional leadership to general ops are aware of timelines and efforts on Product
- Identify operations and other business initiatives where Product intervention could exponentially add value and work with stakeholders to support those initiatives
- Build strong communities within operations and supporting functions to scale Product knowledge and understanding
- Create self-serve resources to help the region answer their own questions or help them find the best direct contact in HQ. If you're triaging all the phabs from the region, you aren't scaling yourself
Continue to learn
- Seek advice from more-tenured Product Ops, feedback from PMs and regional leadership to continuously elevate your business acumen and product sense. The Regional Product Ops role is challenging but many stakeholders will be invested in your development and success.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top