Regional Operations Manager, Vehicle Solutions - APACx
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our app, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 450+ cities today, Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. If you want to have a huge impact on your city and the world, this is the place to be!
About the Role
We are looking for a Regional Operations Manager to manage and scale Uber’s Vehicle Solutions across APACx. There are two main components to our overall vehicle solutions program: Business development and ops enablement and execution. With the support of our Business Development team, you will tasked with analysing, executing and scaling up initiatives across Asia that help drivers access a vehicle and new income.
This role requires a strong operational mind, as guiding our city operations teams in scaling the platform is a key part of the role. This role will have serious impact on the big-picture, strategic initiatives critical to scaling Uber’s supply chain in cities across Asia.
What you’ll do:
- Product Partnership: Be the ops POC for the SEA Growth Product team as well as HQ Vehicle Solutions team to help surface the problems that product should be building for and helping to roll out those products.
- Be the ops POC for Vehicle Solutions team to help maximize business impact of Uber’s partnerships with auto lenders, manufacturers and rental companies
- Liaise with internal and external parties in the execution of all vehicle financing initiatives. vehicle solutions team, city/regional operations teams, product, finance, and external partners
- Strategy. Decide which projects and areas the team should focus on and set an aggressive timeline to reach those goals. Work closely with our policy, communications, product, and HQ vehicle solution teams for strategic initiatives
- Execution. Lead the execution process top-down from a regional perspective and be responsible for the rollout schedule of new product features and regional initiatives.
- Cost-Benefit Analysis. Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of programs and work with management to execute those strategies
- Hustle. Take ownership of Uber’s growth in the region and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- Strong familiarity with vehicle solutions across Asia, or demonstrated ability to learn complex VS concepts
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking and experimentation
- Proven city or regional level execution track record and ability to communicate clearly with other functional teams in a global organization.
- Excellent prioritization skills and ability to juggle many responsibilities at once, adept at weighing importance of quick wins vs. long-term progress
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- A willingness to be “in the trenches” working with our driver-partners
- SQL knowledge a plus, but not required
- Employees are given Uber credits every month!
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top