Regional Operations Manager, Vehicle Solutions
Strategic Vehicle Solutions Manager - Brazil
Vehicle Solutions have grown into a key lever to unlock supply growth and fuel partner-driver retention through a variety of business partnerships with rental, leasing, financing and car manufacturing companies – they are now responsible for millions of weekly trips across the world and over 10% of supply hours in Brazil, with an immense growth potential.
We are re-inventing the way driver-partners can access the opportunity to work with Uber and empowering those with little or no upfront capital.
We are looking for a Strategic Vehicle Solutions Manager to lead the expansion of our offering across Brazil, work with country ops teams to identify local strategic opportunities that are sustainable for our driver-partners, structure and price innovative deals and roll out partnership processes in their markets. The VS Manager will be responsible for VS becoming one of our main advantages vis-a-vis competitors.
The ideal candidate has a versatile skill set. You'll need to conduct the analysis that informs the execution of these initiatives, while also being able to communicate with drivers as effectively as you can with C-suite executives. It also requires a strong operational mind, as guiding our city operations teams in scaling the platform is a key part of the role. You need to be able to take your spreadsheets to the streets, and negotiate the deals in between. This role will have serious impact on the big-picture, strategic initiatives critical to scaling Uber's supply chain in cities across the globe.
What you'll do:
- Own the structuring and the performance of Uber's auto rental and financing initiative across Brazil
- Conduct the analyses that inform the execution of these strategic partnerships
- Develop creative financial and non-financial solutions that can unlock large incremental increases in our vehicle supply
- Create innovative ways to make VS a competitive advantage
- Manage internal and external parties in the execution of all vehicle financing initiatives: city operations teams, engineering, product, finance, and external partners
- Create, manage, report, experiment and iterate on the Vehicle Solutions processes and conversion flows
What you'll need :
- BA/BS/Masters in Economics, Business, Engineering; MBA a plus
- Strong track record of being a respected operational problem solver
- Minimum 4-6 years of banking / consulting or related experience
- Operational experience a plus; knowledge of the automotive industry not required but also a plus
- Strong communication, organization, relationship management, negotiation, and project management skills
- Ability to build financial models and to understand automotive economics
- Demonstrated experience interpreting and presenting data to various audiences; ability to translate quantitative findings into action plans
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength of yours
- Explorer - the ability to self-serve, investigate and execute without instruction
- Exceptional Excel skills; SQL skills a plus
- Ability to gather multiple internal functional teams around one common goal and to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- Ground floor opportunity and as an early member of our LatAm VS team; you'll shape the business direction of the company
- Social Empowerment: We are working to allow people without access to car ownership to earn money with Uber
- We're not just another social web app: we're moving real assets and real people around their cities
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top