Regional Operations Manager - South East North Asia
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our app, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 450+ cities today, Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. If you want to have a huge impact on your city and the world, this is the place to be!
About the Role
As member of the South East & North Asia (SENA) Regional Operations team, you will be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, able to operate and coordinate across multiple teams, and can thrive in a startup culture. You will drive world-leading innovation, optimise the execution of work across teams and be a champion of collaboration between SENA cities and HQ. You will be tasked with designing and executing processes, projects, and experiments driven by a driven by a deep and analytical understanding of our business. This role calls for a rare combination of operational mindset, savvy analytics, and the inter-personal ability to lead complex projects in a large region.
What you’ll do:
- Strategy. Decide which projects and areas of the engagement, retention, and education puzzle the team should focus on and set an ambitious timeline to reach those goals
- Engage. Your job is to get our existing partners on the road by implementing and executing best practices and innovating to create new processes and automated campaigns across the region
- Retain. You will also work to keep our existing partners on the platform by creating and implementing re-engagement and loyalty initiatives and help countries take the Momentum programs to the next level
- Educate. Develop scalable processes to help our partners learn how to use our system and get the most out of the Uber platform
- Analytics. Heavy analysis of our existing processes to optimize our growth and marketplace across SENA
- Product Improvement. Proactively search for new features which could improve a seamless driver and rider experience or driver quality and be the voice of SENA for all related matters
- Cost-Benefit Analysis. Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of programs and work with management to execute those strategies as efficiently as possible
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- Management level experience (2+ years) of operations management / management consulting / investment banking / strategy work in a large business, or of growing a startup’s
- Bachelor’s degree
- Self-starter attitude. You are an owner, you find opportunities and deliver solutions
- Solid understanding of customer engagement
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking and experimentation
- Demonstrated experience interpreting and presenting data to various audiences; ability to translate quantitative findings into action plans
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- Very strong communication and organization skills
- SQL or other geeky skills a plus, but not required
- Willingness to travel across SENA
- Consulting, Accounting, or Banking background with numbers/excel driven decision instincts
- Tech enthusiast with product development and management experience
- Engineering background with dreams of applying similar process to people processes
- Corporate strategy background with a willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Employees are given Uber credits every month!
- Monthly gym and phone reimbursement.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top