Regional Operations Manager (Risk, SSA) - Central Ops EMEA
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
What you'll do
- Be the primary safety liaison and business partner between the regional leadership teams, regional operations teams and HQ Trust & Safety, representing and stabilizing regional and safety priorities.
- Take ownership of partner-driver and rider safety in SSA to ensure that Uber is the ridesharing platform of choice when it comes to safety.
- Manage, monitor and analyze safety related incidents and trends, investigating suspicious activity and behavior, and identifying risks to Uber, partner-drivers and riders.
- Design and implement scalable process and initiatives to improve safety on the platform, displaying hustle - regardless of resource constraints and challenges.
- Set and develop best of practice standards in the region, and ensure maintenance and continuous improvement of these.
- Build productive and successful relationships with ops and functional leadership and other relevant stakeholders.
- Understand the regional objectives and plans and advise on potential safety implications.
- Translate the impact of safety programs into business operations outputs and advocate for safety interventions and awareness in the region.
- Participate in other special projects / assignments as necessary.
What you'll need
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent.
- 5 years of applicable experience, preferably in e-commerce, risk analysis and mitigation and/or crisis management.
- Strong verbal and written social communication skills.
- Passion for safety and a drive for high performance and results.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new environments and new technologies.
- Solid judgment and a strong moral compass.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, analytical and customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task, organize and work with rapidly changing priorities.
- Strong excel and SQL skills.
- Innovative, idea driven mindset, coupled with the ability to execute.
- Willingness to travel across Africa.
- Performance driven hustler.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top