Regional Operations Manager, Rider Engagement
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Our mission is to deliver transportation as reliable as running water for everyone, everywhere. To do this, we are looking for a Regional Operations Manager - Rider Referrals to help us ensure that we are optimizing the signup and activation processes for new riders in Latin America. Based in Mexico City, you will work closely with the Regional Marketing and Operations teams in Mexico and Brazil and with city teams around Latin America to design and execute communications, projects, processes, and experiments driven by a deep understanding of data and analytics.
What you'll do
- Analytics. Conduct deep analysis of the rider referrals processes, with a particular focus on our referrals programs, optimizing among conversion rate, cost efficiency and volume.
- Develop strategy. Choose which projects we should take on as a region to boost rider referrals, and set a timeline to reach goals quickly.
- Project management. Collaborate closely with HQ stakeholders and regional city teams to align processes, launch experiments, boost growth and share best practices.
- Product improvement. Proactively search for new features which could increase rider referral signups and conversion and push to automate repetitive processes.
- Rider relations and communications. Set up and execute rider communications experiments to help them signup and experience the magic of riding with Uber.
- Seize opportunities. Take ownership of Uber's rider growth in the region, find creative solutions and follow through.
What you'll need
- A data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through thorough analytical thinking and experimentation
- The ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- Flexibility, initiative, and follow through
- A willingness to be on the ground working with our riders
- A bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, math, statistics, economics, finance or similar field preferred
- SQL knowledge a huge plus, but not required
- Consulting, accounting or banking background with numbers/Excel-driven decision instincts
- Customer lifecycle analysis background with a willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Technology enthusiast with product development and management experience
- An engineering background with dreams of applying similar process to people processes
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, healthcare, and equity (shares)
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top