Regional Operations Manager, Rider & Driver Payments
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
We are looking for a Regional Operations Manager focused on payments. You will be aiming to optimise for the most cost-efficient growth in cities around the Latam region. This role will work closely with a diverse stakeholder group.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Identify, size, prioritize, and execute initiatives and processes to improve our payment platform in collaboration with Product, Engineering, Finance, and Fraud
- Define and oversee the standards for the scoping, onboarding, and maintenance of new payment types and payments partners
- Own and manage relationships with new and existing payment partners
- Define, track, analyze, and own payments KPIs
- Work cross functionally to identify, replicate, size, and resolve payments related issues
- Shape Uber's payment processing engine
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in payment industry / fintech / banking, but we will consider candidates with less experience if they meet our other requirements
- Strategic thinking, deductive reasoning, and leadership skills
- Project management and cross functional skills with experience working with Engineering teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced dynamic environment – we have no shortage of opportunities but limited time. You need to be able to effectively assess, prioritize, and execute
- SQL knowledge desirable
Back to top