Regional Operations Manager Regulatory Compliance - Mexico City
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it’s heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber’s positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
Our mission is to deliver transportation as reliable as running water for everyone, everywhere. To do this, we are looking for a Regional Compliance Manager based in Mexico City to help us ensure that we are meeting the regulatory requirements in cities around the region. You will collaborate closely with internal stakeholders by analyzing, reporting and leading projects, processes, and experiments. We believe that people are one of the most important assets to Uber and because of that we foster an environment that is welcoming to diverse perspectives.
What you’ll do
- Tracking and Reporting. You’ll analyze and report out on compliance across the region, working closely with Legal, Policy, Community Operations and City Teams.
- Analysis. You’ll conduct analysis of our marketplace and partner behavior to identify and eliminate noncompliance, and work with operations to find solutions that balance growth with compliance.
- Product Improvement. You’ll proactively search for new features which could help improve regulatory compliance and push to automate repetitive processes.
- Partner Relations. You’ll guide driver development and help them get back in compliance and back on the road.
- Cost-Benefit Analysis. You’ll evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of programs and collaborate with management to execute those strategies as efficiently as possible.
- Seize Opportunities. You’ll take ownership of Uber’s growth in the region and find creative new solutions and follow through.
What you’ll need
- A project management / PMO skillset, working with stakeholders around Latin America to drive home projects
- A data driven decision making mentality and reliable business judgment through excellent analytical thinking and experimentation
- The ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- A highly organized attitude, always on top of the big picture and all the details
- Initiative, flexibility, and commitment to follow through
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, law, math, statistics, economics, finance or similar field preferred
- SQL knowledge a big plus, but not required
- Consulting, accounting, legal or banking background with numbers/Excel-driven decision instincts
- Project management
- Regulatory compliance background with a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get involved
- Technology enthusiast with product development and ownership experience
- Engineering background with dreams of applying similar process to people processes
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, healthcare, and equity (shares)
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top