Regional Operations Manager Quality - Sao Paulo
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
Our mission is to deliver transportation for everyone, everywhere. To do this, we are looking for a Regional Operations Manager based in Sao Paulo to focus on Quality in Brazil. You will collaborate closely with internal stakeholders by analyzing, reporting and leading projects, processes, and experiments.
What you'll do
- Help our partners deliver great ride experiences to customers on the Uber platform, and ensure that the experience is also high-quality for drivers
- Help keep our riders and partners safe while using the Uber platform, leveraging technology, data and product features
- Conduct detailed analysis of our marketplace, rider, and partner behavior to identify and help partners resolve problems related to delivering optimal rider experiences, and to identify opportunities to increase safety
- Choose which projects and areas of the quality and safety puzzle the team should focus on and set a timeline to reach goals quickly
- Proactively search for new features which could improve a seamless driver and rider experience and increase safety of our platform for both customers and drivers
- Guide driver development and identify and handle problem areas for drivers
What you'll need
- A data driven decision making mentality and reliable business judgment through excellent analytical thinking and experimentation
- The ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- Flexibility, initiative, and follow-through
- A willingness to be on the ground collaborating with our driver-partners
- A bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, math, statistics, economics, finance or similar field
- SQL knowledge a plus, but not required
- Consulting, accounting, or banking background with numbers/Excel-driven decision instincts
- Technology enthusiast with product development and ownership experience
- Engineering background with creative ideas about how to apply similar process to people processes
- Corporate strategy background with a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get involved in the details
- Employees are given Uber credits each month
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, healthcare, and equity (shares)
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top