Regional Operations Manager, Marketplace - UberEats
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation, food and delivery. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities more convenient, safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Our newest product, UberEATS, gives you the food you want delivered on demand. We work with thousands of restaurants and courier-partners globally to change the face of food delivery. Uber's proud to be delivering our service throughout 3 countries in Latam already, with amazing success and incredible opportunities to continue to grow.
The Marketplace group builds the platform, products, and algorithms responsible for the real time execution and online optimization of UberEATS marketplace. Our group's systems control all of UberEATS markets. We focus on areas like pricing, intelligent dispatching (matching algorithms, dispatch paradigms), and supply positioning (optimal positioning of drivers in anticipation of demand patterns). The goal of these systems is to dramatically lower cost & ETAs for riders, increase revenue for couriers and restaurants, improve the overall efficiency and utilization of Uber's fleet of supply, restaurants, and enable products in entirely new marketplaces.
Our group is continuously deploying a variety of system configuration and algorithmic changes that affect how we respond to and attempt to balance supply and demand in different markets - any given week could involve deploying a new real time dynamic pricing algorithm, testing a set of new dispatching features, and launching a supply positioning recommendation system to drivers or radii for restaurants.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Internalize and deeply understand UberEATS mission and strategies, as well as the mission and objectives of the Marketplace Health team.
- Identify metrics and build data-focused solutions to quantify the health of Uber's network and how our pricing and dispatching decisions affect that level of optimality.
- Build and lead a team of quantitative analysts to develop tools and processes to enable comprehensive realtime and historical understanding of the health of every component of our real-time marketplace decision making in every market in which we operate.
- Figure out how to scale our understanding and optimization of marketplace health. How do we keep our finger on the pulse of the health of every neighborhood of every city in the world in which Uber operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week? How do we respond to issues in real time and evolve towards algorithmically driven diagnosis and recommended resolution?
- Be incredibly truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform health, whether it be rider behavior, business metrics, or external data like scouring driver forums for indications of changes in driver behavior. Solicit and embrace critical feedback.
- Drive cross-functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals.
- Drive innovation, definition, deliverables planning (roadmap) to deliver against team and company goals around health. Requires challenging all members of cross-functional team (quantitative analysts, engineers, designers) to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- A strong analytically minded systems thinker. What are the potential 2nd and 3rd order consequences of a change in a metric? How does a change in one metric for a given region of a city affect that metric in another part of the city? How do we think about tradeoffs like lower prices vs. higher availability?
- Strong quantitative background - BS in Math, CS, Statistics, Engineering, Economics, or Finance preferred.
- The ability to find the story in the numbers. Strong communication and presentation skills required.
- A preference for efficiency without sacrificing quality - you have the eagerness and agility to think fast, find the right information, and always catch the relevant details.
- Ability to multi-task across multiple marketplaces and products and work under pressure
- Strategic mindset - you're comfortable thinking a few steps ahead of where the team is at now.
- Driven and focused self-starter, great communicator, amazing follow-through - you aggressively tackle your work and love the responsibility of being individually empowered.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you are building. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- Employees are given Uber credits each month.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top