Regional Operations Manager, Health & Control
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
We are looking for a Regional Operations Manager based in Mexico City to focus on Marketplace Efficiency for Latin America, and help us ensure that our city businesses are well-balanced and well-functioning.
You will collaborate closely with internal stakeholders by analyzing, reporting and leading projects, processes, and experiments. We believe that people are one of the most important assets to Uber and because of that we foster an environment that is welcoming to diverse perspectives.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll do
- Improve efficiency. You'll identify where and when we see the most demand to help our partners make more while providing the best possible experience to riders on the platform
- Analysis. You'll perform thorough analysis of our marketplace, rider, and partner behavior to understand and help partners resolve problems related to driving at the right time and place to augment demand and supply
- Create strategy. You'll choose which projects and areas of the efficiency puzzle the team should focus on and work together to set a timeline and reach goals quickly
- Product improvement. You'll proactively search for new features which could improve the efficiency of our cities
- Cost-benefit analysis. You'll evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of programs and work with management to execute those strategies as efficiently as possible
- Seize opportunities. You'll take ownership of Uber's growth in the region, look for creative solutions, and follow through
What You'll need
- A data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through thorough analytical thinking and experimentation
- The ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- A bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, math, statistics, economics, finance or similar field
- Willingness to travel across LatAm when required
- SQL knowledge a plus, but not require
Back to top