Regional Operations Manager, Fraud - Central Ops EMEA
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
We are looking for an EMEA Regional Operations Manager, Fraud to help us achieve eliminate fraud in cities around EMEA, by designing and executing processes, projects, communications and experiments motivated by a deep and analytical understanding of our business.
What You'll Do
- Help design, coordinate and lead Uber's strategy to minimize fraud across the Uber marketplace.
- Develop and implement new risk mitigation solutions and frameworks that improve our ability to deter, detect, measure and intervene against fraudulent activity, including better operational processes, automated systems and upstream design solutions.
- Strategy. Working with the EMEA Head of Existing Supply, you will shape your roadmap and decide which projects and areas of compliance and fraud the central team should focus on and set a bold timeline to reach those goals
- Work with Product, Engineering and Finance leaders to define shared goals, influence product roadmap which could reduce fraud and be the voice of EMEA for all related matters
- Partner Relations. Manage driver education and help them avoid fraudulent behaviors
- Cost-Benefit Analysis. Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of programs and work with management to execute those strategies as efficiently as possible
- Evaluate risk potential of new product features or business lines and inform decision-making at the design stage.
- Hustle. Take ownership of Uber's growth in EMEA and do what is necessary to get the job done
What You'll Need
- Consistent track record of being a respected operational problem solver
- Strong analytical skillset and creative problem solving ability. You can break down large ambiguous problems, identify the key opportunities and considerations and then execute against tangible milestones.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting and presenting data to various audiences; ability to translate quantitative findings into action plans
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- Very strong communication and organization skills
- SQL / HTML knowledge a plus, but not required
- Willingness to travel across EMEA when required
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top