Regional Operations Manager (Fraud) - APACx
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our app, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 450+ cities today, Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. If you want to have a huge impact on your city and the world, this is the place to be!
About the Role
We are looking for a Regional Operations Manager, Fraud to help us eliminate fraud across APACX by designing and executing processes, projects, communications, and experiments driven by a deep and analytical understanding of our business. Main responsibilities will include designing rules and processes to reduce payment fraud, account takeovers, and promo abuse, as well as managing regional fraud & risk data and reporting needs. This role will be based in Singapore.
What you’ll do:
- Risk Management. Develop and implement risk mitigation solutions and frameworks that improve our ability to deter, detect, measure, and intervene against fraudulent activity, including better operational processes, automated systems, and product improvements.
- Data Analytics. Analyze our marketplace, rider, and partner behavior to identify patterns and eliminate fraudulent activity. Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of programs and work with management to drive efficiency.
- Metrics and Dashboarding. Develop robust metrics for fraud and abuse. Build tracking and reporting tools to improve Ops visibility into these metrics and trends, and help set data-driven targets at the regional and city levels.
- City Support. Conduct deep dives into fraud and risk trends impacting cities across 11 APAC countries and work with operations teams to identify and implement solutions.
- Strategy. Decide which projects the team should focus on and set an aggressive timeline to reach goals. Collect regular feedback on fraud and risk programs and build top city team asks into a cohesive regional strategy and roadmap.
- Product. Proactively search for new product features which could improve fraud and risk metrics across the region and present data driven cases for changes.
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- 3+ years experience in risk managent, payments, fraud, or a related role. Experience with merchant, seller, or publisher fraud a plus.
- Strong track record of solving operational problems. You can break down large ambiguous problems, identify key opportunities and considerations, and execute against tangible milestones.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting and presenting data to various audiences; ability to translate quantitative findings into action plans.
- Strong analytical skillset and experience with analytics tools (e.g. Excel, SQL, R).
- Ability to take initiative in a fast-moving environment and independently make decisions or take risks with incomplete information.
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking skills with a bias toward action and a get things done attitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month!
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top