Regional Operations Manager, Efficiency
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
Our mission is to deliver transportation for everyone, everywhere. To do this, we are looking for a Regional Operations Manager based in Mexico City to focus on marketplace efficiency in LatAm, to help us ensure that our cities are well-balanced and well-functioning. You will collaborate closely with internal stakeholders by analyzing, reporting and leading projects, processes, and experiments. We believe that people are one of the most important assets to Uber and because of that we foster an environment that is welcoming to diverse perspectives.
What you'll do
- Improve efficiency. You'll identify where and when we see the most demand to help our partners make more while providing the best possible experience to riders on the platform.
- Analysis. You'll perform thorough analysis of our marketplace, rider, and partner behavior to understand and help partners resolve problems related to driving at the right time and place to augment demand and supply.
- Create strategy. You'll choose which projects and areas of the efficiency puzzle the team should focus on and work together to set a timeline and reach goals quickly.
- Product improvement. You'll proactively search for new features which could improve the efficiency of our cities.
- Cost-benefit analysis. You'll evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of programs and work with management to execute those strategies as efficiently as possible
- Seize opportunities. You'll take ownership of Uber's growth in the region, look for creative solutions, and follow through.
What you'll need
- A data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through thorough analytical thinking and experimentation
- The ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- Flexibility, initiative, and follow through
- A willingness to be on the ground collaborating with our driver-partners
- A bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, math, statistics, economics, finance or similar field
- SQL knowledge a plus, but not required
- Consulting, accounting, or banking background with numbers/Excel-driven decision instincts
- Technology enthusiast with product development and ownership experience
- Engineering background with dreams of connecting similar process to people processes
- Corporate strategy background with a willingness to roll up your sleeves
Employees are given Uber credits each monthFull-time salary negotiable based on experience, healthcare, and equity (shares)Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the companySmart, engaged co-workersThe rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top