Regional Operations Manager, Driver/Rider Experience (Product)
Our Operations teams are the heart and soul of Uber. These are the teams that take our global product and localize it to an assigned market, while creating thousands of economic opportunities for drivers, and making transportation cheaper and more accessible for our riders. We are in the midst of incredible growth, which requires hard work. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about what they do and ready to roll up their sleeves to grow their city.
The Driver/Rider Experience Regional Operations Manager role is a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on the broader EMEA region through the growth and optimization of the driver population on Uber’s platform.This is a critical role as it directly correlates to continually improving the rider experience through greater driver availability, while minimizing costs and streamlining processes associated with the supply side of our business.
This person will work with data to monitor driver behavior and the rider experience and ensure efficiency through product improvements. S/he will also work with Product teams to coordinate and scale product roll-outs across the EMEA mega-region.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Optimise the rider and driver experience. Use our existing products and tools and roll out new ones to make the experience seamless and the marketplace of riders and drivers as efficient as possible.
- Operationalize Products. New products must be implemented in various cities around the region, all of which have nuances and complexities to be addressed. You’ll be responsible for leading the thinking on operationalization strategies and work closely with both sub-regional and city teams to implement them.
- Stakeholder management. You will develop a network of key stakeholders (Both Ops and Functional Teams) for each product and manage the flow of communication between these groups
- Analytics. Heavy analysis of driver and rider metrics to evaluate product success and drive adoption and improvements to ensure high-quality experiences on the Uber system
- Product Improvement. Proactively search for new features which could improve a seamless driver and rider experience and inform the development of those by product teams
- Provide a Feedback Loop. Where we see successes, inform the efforts of the product marketing team to ensure we’re getting the right stories out to the public.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 4+ years experience in operations (in the tech industry) or other product-related roles
- Strong project management skills
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Detailed understanding of how Uber’s products work for both riders and drivers
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- Strong communicator and excellent stakeholder management skills
- A willingness to dive into the trenches to stay as close as possible to the customer experience
- Advanced SQL knowledge a plus
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Fantastic opportunity to grow with the team; shape the strategic direction of your city.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top